Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sea Glass From San Clemente

Greetings from San Clemente! I arrived at my friend Leigh's beach bungalow yesterday via Lake Havasu and my gal pal Jackie's lovely home above West Covina. Beautiful 65 degree sunny weather here with cool marine breeze - a pleasant change from Phoenix. Leigh and I took our dogs Fancy and Maggie down the hill for early morning blue sky walk that has become a ritual whenever I visit. Surf was up and surfers were a-bobbing.
We were back home by 8:00 and celebrated the morning with a glass of Piper Sonoma sparkling wine.

The purpose of this whirlwind trip was to provide the editor of San Clemente Times with some photos he requested of the sea glass I had collected during my cancer treatment/daily commute from San Clemente to LA. Each morning I'd walk along the pounding surf, searching for sea glass. It calmed my fears and filled my heart with joy. I wrote a poem about San Clemente Sea Glass which will appear in San Clemente Times on June 25th as an excerpt from Cornfield Heiress. As soon as I learn to upload pictures, I'll post for all you loyal followers.

Photo shoot went well. Leigh is a great cook and for our dinner, prepared grilled lamb chops, grilled asparagus, fresh corn on the cob, paired with a central coast California pinot.

Tomorrow it's down the coast to San Diego to spend a day with pal Julie and her three children before heading back to hot hot hot Phoenix.

No comments: